Investing in high-quality kitchen cabinets is important for many reasons.
The higher quality the cabinet construction is, the more durable it will be and the longer it will last.
However, besides choosing cabinets of high quality for your home, you will also have to decide whether you want your cabinets delivered ready to assemble on-site or pre-assembled off-site.
Both have their advantages, which is why you should carefully compare their benefits to determine which type best suits your needs.
Choosing Ready to Assemble Cabinets
When you order ready to assemble (RTA) cabinets, you’ll receive all of the parts needed to assemble the cabinets on your own, such as shelves, cabinet doors, hinges, drawers, screws and all other hardware.
The following are some of the benefits of choosing ready to assemble cabinets:
- RTA cabinets won’t take as long to ship – It takes time for cabinets to be properly assembled. Not only will it take time to assemble your cabinets off-site, there may be a queue of orders awaiting assembly, which means your cabinets will have to wait their turn. When you order RTA cabinets, the pieces will be packed and shipped to you almost immediately since there will be fewer factors holding up your order.
- RTA cabinets are more affordable – When you purchase pre-assembled cabinets, you’re asking the manufacturer to do work. This work is not free – it will cost you more for your cabinets to be delivered pre-assembled. Additionally, shipping costs will be more as well. This is because RTA cabinets can be packed to save space, whereas pre-assembled cabinets will take up a much greater amount of space and will require more care to avoid damage.
- RTA cabinets are easy to assemble – While there’s certainly a factor of convenience having your cabinets delivered pre-assembled, RTA cabinets are not that difficult to assemble yourself. You do not need professional training to do so and most manufacturers include easy-to-follow instructions on how to do so.
Choosing Pre-Assembled Cabinets
Pre-assembled cabinets are cabinets that have been completely built by the manufacturer off-site, which means that once they are delivered to your home, they will be ready for immediate installation.
Everything will already be complete, including drawers, doors and hardware.
The following are the benefits of choosing pre-assembled cabinets:
- Pre-assembled cabinets require less work – Assembling your cabinets on your own is going to take some time to do. While it shouldn’t be too difficult, not everybody has the knack for building things, not to mention that you may not simply have the time to spare. When they are pre-assembled, all you’ll have to do is to have them installed.
- The quality of the assembly will be guaranteed – Attempting to assemble cabinets on your own may not end up with great results if you have no experience with such tasks. When you order your cabinets pre-assembled, you’ll know that they will come to your home properly assembled and ready to be installed. The manufacturer will ensure this because a poor assembly job will reflect poorly on their reputation.
- Pre-assembled cabinets come with more options – Pre-assembled cabinets are made to order. This means that you’ll have a lot more customization options than if you were to order RTA cabinets, which are already packed and ready to ship from a warehouse. You’ll be able to have things like lazy Susans installed as part of the assembly.
There are several advantages to ordering both ready to assemble cabinets and pre-assembled cabinets.
If you decide that RTA cabinets will best suit your needs, then contact us at Lifestyle Cabinetry and Millwork to order our RTA kitchen cabinets today.